pg_dump: ERROR: cannot read block 1055 of summary: Input/output error

От Dimitri Nagiev
Тема pg_dump: ERROR: cannot read block 1055 of summary: Input/output error
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

using pg_dump I get the following error message:

pg_dump stats > stats.sql
pg_dump: ERROR:  cannot read block 1055 of summary: Input/output error
pg_dump: lost synchronization with server, resetting connection
pg_dump: SQL command to dump the contents of table "summary" failed:
PQendcopy() failed.
pg_dump: Error message from server: pg_dump: The command was: COPY
public.summary (id, timestamp, user, keyfigure, total, absolutedifference,
relativedifference) TO stdout;

calls from psql give me similar trouble:

# select count(*) from summary;
ERROR:  cannot read block 1055 of summary: Interrupted system call

some more info:
- we are using postgresql 7.3.2
- before the problems, the table had approx. 200.000 records without any
problems
- a regular import is (was) feeding about 500 records a day into the table.

There's a good backup from yesterday, but still I am very concerned. Any
ideas on how to fix the problem ? Any reasons  why it does occur ?

thanks