Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Allow limits on per-db/user connections >

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Update for roles: < * Allow limits on per-db/user connections >
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
momjian@svr1.postgresql.org (Bruce Momjian) writes:
> < * Prevent default re-use of sysids for dropped users and roles
> <
> <   Currently, if a user is removed while he still owns objects, a new
> <   user given might be given their user id and inherit the
> <   previous users objects.
> <

It's a bit premature to declare victory on that front.  If Alvaro
doesn't finish the shared-dependencies patch in time, we are going
to have to continue the old kluge of letting people assign a sysid
(which would now be interpreted as assigning an OID).  Otherwise
there's no way to recover fully from dropping a user who still owns
objects.