Re: request for help with COPY syntax

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Дата
Re: request for help with COPY syntax  ("Chuck D." <pgsql-list@nullmx.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
"Chuck D." <pgsql-list@nullmx.com> writes:
> I tried this, which I found on the web from Tom Lane:

> sed 's/^M/\\r/g' geonames.txt > geonames_fixed.txt

> But still get the same error.  I used ctrl-v ctrl-m to reproduce the
> ^M.  Not sure why it is kicking out those lines still.

Did the sed actually do anything?  (Hint: the file size of
geonames_fixed.txt would be larger than geonames.txt if it did.
Or you could diff the two files to confirm that something sensible
happened.)

I suspect that your shell may be fouling things up here.  You may need
to prepare this command as a one-line shell script, using an editor that
doesn't barf on bare carriage returns ...
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax