Re: request for help with COPY syntax

От Chuck D.
Тема Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On October 25, 2007 03:16:59 pm Fernando Hevia wrote:

> As I understand it when a line starts with $ you would like to merge it
> with the previous line.

No, it appears the data file I am attempting to COPY has some records with
fields that contain a CR/LF in the data of that field.  Postgres COPY fails
like this:

ERROR:  literal carriage return found in data
HINT:  Use "\r" to represent carriage return.
CONTEXT:  COPY orig_city_world, line 1071850

I tried this, which I found on the web from Tom Lane:

sed 's/^M/\\r/g' geonames.txt > geonames_fixed.txt

But still get the same error.  I used ctrl-v ctrl-m to reproduce the ^M.  Not
sure why it is kicking out those lines still.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax
Сообщение: Re: request for help with COPY syntax