Re: Why don't custom GUCs show in pg_settings?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why don't custom GUCs show in pg_settings?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I've seen and can work with various work-arounds but it seems odd that
> pg_settings doesn't show these custom GUCs.

Because we don't know what type they should be.

If we're ever to support custom GUCs properly, rather than as a hack that
accidentally sorta works, there needs to be a way to declare them and
establish their properties; whereupon there would be info for pg_settings
to display.

> Is there a simple way to read the value without receiving an error if the
> value is missing?

See 10fb48d66, which I don't particularly approve of because it piled
another hack on top of that mess without doing a thing to make it cleaner.