Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: change password_encryption default to scram-sha-256?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer <pg@fastcrypt.com> writes:
>> If someone installs a postgres RPM/DEB from postgresql.org, they could
>> also install postgresql-jdbc, right ?

> I would guess there might be some distro specific java apps that might
> actually use what is on the machine but as mentioned any reasonably complex
> Java app is going to ensure it has the correct versions for their app using
> Maven.

I'm not really sure if that makes things better or worse.  If some app
thinks that it needs version N of the driver, but SCRAM support was
added in version N-plus-something, how tough is it going to be to get
it updated?  And are you going to have to go through that dance for
each app separately?