Re: BUG #16534: autovacuum_autoanalyze not working on latitude(earth) expression

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #16534: autovacuum_autoanalyze not working on latitude(earth) expression
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> I have indexes on on the latitude() and longitude() values of an
> earth-column. I can analyze these tables, but autoanalyze fails. Because
> autoanalyze fails, it will keep trying to analyze these tables.

Yeah, the earthdistance module is not really up to production standards.
It fails to worry about search path effects, so its references to cube
functions will fail if cube isn't in the search path, which it probably
won't be during autovacuum.

Possibly at some point somebody will care enough to patch the module
to attach "SET search_path" clauses to all the SQL functions.  But
generally, people who want this kind of thing in production are probably
going to want PostGIS, so it's not surprising that earthdistance is
an unloved backwater :-(