Re: [HACKERS] Max query string length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Max query string length
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Ansley, Michael" <Michael.Ansley@intec.co.za> writes:
> As far as the buffer struct, and code goes, is there anything around which
> does this already?  If not, I thought of placing it somewhere where all the
> modules can access it, as I will probably land up using it in more places
> than just psql.  Thoughts, screams of laughter, etc....

There is a simple expansible-string module in the backend already;
see backend/lib/stringinfo.c.  It could use some improvements but
I'd suggest enhancing it rather than making another one.

> Lastly, when I ran configure, I included the --enable-cassert switch.
> However, this does not seem to force the compiler to include debug info,
> i.e.: --enable-debug.  I tried the --enable-debug switch as well, but it
> didn't seem to have any effect.  Am I missing something?

There is no --enable-debug switch.  You have to turn on debug by
modifying the CFLAGS line in the template file for your system.
(Hmm, now that you mention it, --enable-debug would be a cleaner
solution than keeping a locally modified template file, which is
what I currently do and most of the other developers probably do
also ... another to-do item ...)