Re: Why are pg_restore taking that long ?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why are pg_restore taking that long ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josh Kupershmidt <schmiddy@gmail.com> writes:
> ... Notice that pg_backup_archiver.c and
> pg_backup_tar.c use an inconsistent log level for this same message,
> which might explain where you saw the message previously.

Seems like that ought to be fixed.

> ... Or change this bit in pg_restore.c to assign a 2
> instead of a 1:
>
>             case 'v':           /* verbose */
>                 opts->verbose = 1;
>         break;

"verbose" is used as a boolean, so that wouldn't actually help.

> It'd sure be nice to have these programs allow "-vvvv" style switches
> to signify cranking up the debugLevel, unless I'm missing some other
> way to do so.

Yeah.  ahlog() also pays attention to a "debugLevel" value, but AFAICS
that's totally vestigial with no way to set it.  It would likely be a
worthwhile activity to rationalize these things into a single
maximum-message-level value that could be ratcheted up with multiple -v
switches.

Сообщение: Re: Why are pg_restore taking that long ?
Сообщение: Re: Why are pg_restore taking that long ?