Re: server crash

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: server crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
"Medora Schauer" <mschauer@fairfield.com> writes:
> PG: 7.3

I hope you meant "7.3.8", or at least something later than original 7.3 ;-)

> PANIC:  link from /data/database/pg_xlog/00000001000000D9 to /data/database/pg_xlog/00000001000000E1 (initialization
oflog file 1, segment 225) failed: No such file or directory

AFAICS, the only way that that message could come out is if
a readdir() scan of /data/database/pg_xlog found a file named
00000001000000D9 but then an immediately following link() call
didn't find it.  This suggests filesystem corruption to me;
it might be worth running fsck.  Also check whether your kernel
is reasonably up to date, as it could be a kernel bug.

The fact that the subsequent startup process failed again in just the
same way seems to eliminate most of the theories that would suggest
it's a Postgres bug.  In particular, it isn't a race condition such as
two processes trying to delete the same file at the same time, because
the recovery startup sequence does no parallel processing.

От: "Medora Schauer"
Сообщение: server crash
От: Markus Schaber
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] upper/lower for german characters