Re: Problem

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Problem
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Heikki Linnakangas" <heikki@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> Pedro Belmino wrote:
>> I am a developer, I am working in the creation of hypothetical index in the
>> data base postgresql 8.2.4. I have a problem, the data base init normally
>> but when I try to connect to the database it shows the following error:
>> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(!isnull)", File: "relcache.c", Line: 959) .
>> You could help me to figure out what could it be?

> We're going to need much more information.

Indeed.  The failure suggests that you tried to modify the structure of
pg_index rows and didn't get all the consequences right ... but what you
said does not offer any reason to change pg_index.

There's already some things in CVS HEAD about allowing plugins to
manufacture hypothetical indexes for the planner to consider --- have
you looked at that?