Re: How to install postgreSQL 8.1.4 on RHEL -ES 4

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: How to install postgreSQL 8.1.4 on RHEL -ES 4
Дата
Re: How to install postgreSQL 8.1.4 on RHEL -ES 4
Список pgsql-admin
Vinayak B R <vinayak.b@masconit.com> writes:
> 1) how to install and start using the postgreSQL
> 2) Where can I get administration and User guide of PostgreSQL

See online docs here:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/index.html
particularly
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/static/installation.html

Depending on what platform you are on, there might be RPMs or other
prebuilt packages that'd be easier to install than starting from a
source tarball.