Re: "select ..... for update of ..." doesn't support full qualified table name?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "select ..... for update of ..." doesn't support full qualified table name?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Vlad <marchenko@gmail.com> writes:
> Though question is - doesn't it seem logical to be able to use full
> table names in FOR UPDATE part like I can use them in WHERE part (if I
> don't need/want to use an alias)? Is it something postgresql speciffic
> or it's SQL standard (pardon my ignorance)?

The entire construct is Postgres-specific, so you can't really point
to the spec and say it's wrong.

I don't see any merit whatever in the "I shouldn't need to use an alias"
argument.  If you don't have unique aliases then you're going to have
problems anyway.