Re: Uncommenting .conf WAS: Open items

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Uncommenting .conf WAS: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> writes:
> I see this as a really minor change that will greatly improve the
> comprehension of how to modify the .conf file.   It's documentation, really,
> and we won't be touching any code.

Wrong on both counts: it's not really minor (if it were, it would have
got done) and you will need to touch the code.  See the earlier
discussion.  There are several defaults that are presently determined
at compile time and are not correctly reflected into
postgresql.conf.sample.  We'd have to clean that up before we can do
something like this.

Marc's suggestion of just removing all the non-active entries could be
done trivially ;-) ... but I don't think people would see it as an
improvement.