Re: Uncommenting .conf WAS: Open items

От Josh Berkus
Тема Re: Uncommenting .conf WAS: Open items
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Bruce, etc:

> If you change shared_buffers to 2000, remove the comment and reload, the
> variable is now 2000.  If you comment out the variable and reload again,
> it is still 2000, not the default.

And more than one person has been baffled and confused by this, including
several major contributors to our project.   And we discussed this about 2
months ago and everyone on this list agreed that it should be changed; I'm
sorry it didn't make it into the TODO at that time.

I see this as a really minor change that will greatly improve the
comprehension of how to modify the .conf file.   It's documentation, really,
and we won't be touching any code.

How about if I tackle this this weekend?   I'd like to double-check the
organization of the new variables in the file, anyway.

--
Josh Berkus
Aglio Database Solutions