Re: Bug #529: UPDATE fails after an index is changed

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #529: UPDATE fails after an index is changed
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org writes:
> I had to drop and re-create an index on a table for a large insert. Then I needed to run an UPDATE on a different
tablethat gets its values from the first table. UPDATE fails with this error message:
> 'ERROR:  Index 6708054 does not exist'.

What do you mean by "gets its values"?  Is there a referential integrity
check between the two tables, or perhaps a trigger that examines the
other table?

If it's a trigger, the problem is probably due to plpgsql caching query
plans.  This is a known problem that will be fixed someday (it's not
that easy to fix without giving up a lot of performance).  In the
meantime, just starting a fresh backend session should make the problem
go away.

От: Hiroshi Inoue
Сообщение: Re: case sensititvity bug in foreign keys on cygwin
От: pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org
Сообщение: Bug #530: index does not work on int8