Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> + ERROR:  pg_audit must be loaded via shared_preload_libraries
>>
>> This seems like a rather poorly thought-through error check.
>> It will break not only the buildfarm but any dump/restore scenario.
>> You really can't have extensions that refuse to let themselves
>> be created.

> Yeah, the original idea behind it was to force the user to think about
> if they really would want to load it later on down the line rather than
> have it pre-loaded always.

> I'll put something in the docs which recommends it and provides the
> reasoning behind it.

Could we apply a check at some later time, when the user actually does
something that is not sensible unless the library was preloaded?  Even
then, just a WARNING might be better than ERROR.

(Still, it's not clear how you'd get buildfarm testing to pass, so
maybe this line of thought is just as fruitless.)