Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension

От Stephen Frost
Тема Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
* Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
> > And... I busted the buildfarm.  Will fix.
>
>  -- Load pg_audit module
>   create extension pg_audit;
> + ERROR:  pg_audit must be loaded via shared_preload_libraries
>
> This seems like a rather poorly thought-through error check.
> It will break not only the buildfarm but any dump/restore scenario.
> You really can't have extensions that refuse to let themselves
> be created.

Yeah, the original idea behind it was to force the user to think about
if they really would want to load it later on down the line rather than
have it pre-loaded always.

I'll put something in the docs which recommends it and provides the
reasoning behind it.

    Thanks!

        Stephen

Вложения

Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add pg_audit, an auditing extension