Re: rmtree() failure on Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: rmtree() failure on Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Before I tried anything like that I tried one more thing. I disabled the
> background writer and the problem stopped. So now we know the "culprit".

Okay.  So what that says is that win32_open's claim to allow unlinking
an open file is a lie; or at least, it does not work the way the
equivalent facility on Unix does.  It sounds to me like Windows is
simply marking the open file as to be deleted on last close --- the
directory entry remains present and so the directory can't be dropped
either.

One relatively low-impact workaround would be to force a checkpoint
(on Windows only) during DROP DATABASE, just before we actually fire
the rmtree() operation.  The bgwriter is already coded to close all its
open files after a checkpoint ...

Сообщение: Re: rmtree() failure on Windows
Сообщение: Re: rmtree() failure on Windows