Re: pg_pltemplate entries for external PLs

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg_pltemplate entries for external PLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Are we going to add pg_pltemplate entries for external PLs for 8.4?
> I mean new rows for PL/pgPSM, PL/LOLCODE, PL/php, that sort of stuff.

> I think we should.  In fact AFAIR we said we were going to, back when
> this catalog was invented.

That was part of the original concept for pg_pltemplate, but IIRC there
was push-back from some folks who thought it was a bad idea.  I don't
recall what their arguments were exactly; though there is a new issue
since 8.1 days, which is whether tmpldbacreate ought to be on or not
in such entries.