Re: pg_pltemplate entries for external PLs

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: pg_pltemplate entries for external PLs
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wednesday 31 December 2008 05:50:19 Tom Lane wrote:
> That was part of the original concept for pg_pltemplate, but IIRC there
> was push-back from some folks who thought it was a bad idea.  I don't
> recall what their arguments were exactly;

Basically, we have no information about what the proper parameters of external
languages would be.  (We have some pretty good ideas, but that's not the
same.)  Especially if we override the trusted/untrustedness, we could create
complete disaster.

Ultimately, as we add more loadable facilities (languages, plugins/modules,
foreign-data wrappers), we will need a better upgrade mechanism anyway than
maintaining our own override list of everything in the world.  So let's just
leave this mechanism restricted to the built-in languages for now.