Re: Can't change working directory to C:/Documents and Settings in Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Can't change working directory to C:/Documents and Settings in Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jorge Godoy <jgodoy@gmail.com> writes:
> On Sunday 01 July 2007 22:25:24 Casey Crosbie wrote:
>> Jorge,
>> Thanks for the suggestion. But unfortunately, I tried both
>> \cd "C:/Document~1" and just \cd C:/"Document~1" and neither worked.

> Sorry.  It should be up to 8 chars: "Docume~1" or some variation like that
> (I've seen ~2  due to some unknown reason).  This looks like a Windows
> problem on finding directories with spaces in its name.  The same happens
> with diacriticals...

FWIW, on a Unix machine I get

$ mkdir "foo bar"
$ psql regression

       \h for help with SQL commands
       \? for help with psql commands
       \q to quit

regression=# \cd foo bar
\cd: could not change directory to "foo": No such file or directory
regression=# \cd "foo bar"
\cd: could not change directory to ""foo bar"": No such file or directory
regression=# \cd 'foo bar'
regression=# \!pwd
/home/tgl/pgsql/foo bar
regression=#

So maybe single quotes would work better.

I'm not sure if the behavior with double quotes should be considered a
bug or not.  Too lazy to check the manual, but I believe psql thinks
single and double quotes are different.

Сообщение: Re: shmctl EIDRM preventing startup
Сообщение: Re: shmctl EIDRM preventing startup