Re: createuser error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: createuser error
Дата
Re: createuser error  (Dan Thompson <dthompson@wv-cis.net>)
Список pgsql-admin
Dan Thompson <dthompson@wv-cis.net> writes:
> I'm using version 7.4 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.
> I get this error:
> createuser: relocation error: createuser: undefined symbol: get_progname

This is a fairly common symptom of a library version conflict.
get_progname() was added to libpq.so as of (IIRC) PG 7.4.  What you've
evidently got is a 7.4 createuser that is trying to use a 7.3-or-older
libpq.so.

RHEL3 shipped with PG 7.3-something, so the presence of the older
library isn't surprising.  Where did you install the newer one?
You probably need to fool with ldconfig to get the dynamic linker
to find the newer library instead of the older.  Or simply replace
the older library with the newer one in /usr/lib.