Re: pgsql: Properly indent postgresql.conf comments to align

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Properly indent postgresql.conf comments to align
Дата
Список pgsql-committers
> Properly indent postgresql.conf comments to align

I think "properly" here is very dependent on what you believe the
tab width is.  While most of us have our editors set up for 4-space
tabs in C files, I don't think all contributors do so for text files
(I don't, for one).  And the odds that the average user will be set up
to edit postgresql.conf with 4-space tabs are nil.

I suggest that the best way out of this might be to detab
postgresql.conf.sample entirely, and ditto for our other sample
config files.  We could probably set up .gitattributes to make
git complain if anyone re-introduces tabs into those files.