Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Template1 is locked when pgAdminIII is open
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Dave Page" <dpage@vale-housing.co.uk> writes:
> pgAdmin uses template1 by default as it is the only accessible database
> that we can be sure will exist. There are 2 solutions to your problem:

> 1) Change your pgAdmin connection to use a different default database.

> 2) Select a different database to use as the template when creating a
> new one.

He shouldn't really be getting that error though, as CREATE DATABASE
only complains if there is another connection *besides your own* to
the template database.

I think the real answer is something more along the lines of "don't run
two copies of pgAdmin at once".