Re: Feature Request: Extending PostgreSQL's Identifier Length Limit

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Feature Request: Extending PostgreSQL's Identifier Length Limit
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jul-18, David HJ wrote:

> As a long-time PostgreSQL user, I've increasingly run into issues with the
> 63-byte limit for identifiers, particularly table names. This limit, while
> historically sufficient, is becoming a significant pain point in modern
> database design and usage.

This has been discussed before.  I think the latest discussion, and some
preliminary proof-of-concept patches, were around here:

https://postgr.es/m/CAFBsxsF2V8n9w0SGK56bre3Mk9fzZS=9aaA8Gfs_n+woa3Dr-Q@mail.gmail.com

"In fact, the basic problem with Perl 5's subroutines is that they're not
crufty enough, so the cruft leaks out into user-defined code instead, by
the Conservation of Cruft Principle."  (Larry Wall, Apocalypse 6)

Сообщение: Re: long-standing data loss bug in initial sync of logical replication
Сообщение: Re: long-standing data loss bug in initial sync of logical replication