Re: PostgreSQL does not compile on macOS SDK 15.0

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: PostgreSQL does not compile on macOS SDK 15.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-06-25 16:49:32 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> ... to make sure Postgres will not find the older version of SDK (it
> did until I made this step).

You should be able to influence that by specifying -Ddarwin_sysroot=...

> ... and get the error reported by Stan. Also I can confirm that the
> proposed workaround fixes it. Attached is the result of `git
> format-patch` for convenience.
>
> Personally I'm not extremely happy with this workaround though.

Yea, it seems decidedly not great.

> An alternative solution would be adding the "pg_" prefix to our type
> declarations.

A third approach would be to make sure we don't include xlocale.h from
pg_locale.h.  IMO pg_locale currently exposes too many implementation details,
neither xlocale.h nor ucol.h should be included in it, that should be in a C
file.

> Another question is whether we should fix this while the SDK is in
> beta or only after it is released.

Yea.

Greetings,

Andres Freund