Re: PostgreSQL does not compile on macOS SDK 15.0

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PostgreSQL does not compile on macOS SDK 15.0
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2024-06-25 16:49:32 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
>> Another question is whether we should fix this while the SDK is in
>> beta or only after it is released.

> Yea.

Stan has started multiple threads about this, which is not doing
anyone any favors, but that issue was already brought up in

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/4edd2d3c30429c4445cc805ae9a788c489856eb7.1719265762.git.stanhu%40gmail.com

I think the immediate action item should be to push back on the
change and see if we can get Apple to undo it.  If we have to
fix it on our side, it is likely to involve API-breaking changes
that will cause trouble for extensions.  The more so because
we'll have to change stable branches too.

I tend to agree with the idea that not including <xlocale.h>
so widely might be the least-bad fix; but that still risks
breaking code that was dependent on that inclusion.