Re: Minor document typo

От Tatsuo Ishii
Тема Re: Minor document typo
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>> I think "too low a" should be "too low" ('a' is not
>> necessary). Attached is the patch.
>
> The existing text looks fine to me.  The other form would use "of a"
> and become "too low of a wal_level on the primary".
>
> "too low wal_level on the primary" sounds wrong to my native
> English-speaking ear.
>
> There's some discussion in [1] that might be of interest to you.
>
> David
>
> [1]
https://www.reddit.com/r/grammar/comments/qr9z6e/i_need_help_with_sothat_adj_of_a_sing_noun/?ref=share&ref_source=link

Thank you for the explanation. English is difficult :-)

Just out of a curiosity, is it possible to say "low a wal_level on the
primary"? (just "too" is removed)
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS LLC

От: Amit Kapila
Сообщение: Re: subscription/026_stats test is intermittently slow?