Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2024-01-22 16:27:43 -0600, Nathan Bossart wrote:
> Here is a patch.

LGTM.

> This might be a topic for another thread, but I do wonder whether we could
> put a generic pg_controldata check in node->stop that would at least make
> sure that the state is some sort of expected shut-down state.  My first
> thought is that it could be a tad expensive, but... maybe it wouldn't be
> too bad.

I think that'd probably would be a good idea - I suspect there'd need to be a
fair number of exceptions, but that it'd be easier to change uses of ->stop()
to the exception case where needed, than to add a new function doing checking
and converting most things to that.

Greetings,

Andres Freund