Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed
Дата
Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2024-Jan-22, Nathan Bossart wrote:

> Here is a patch.

Looks reasonable.

> This might be a topic for another thread, but I do wonder whether we could
> put a generic pg_controldata check in node->stop that would at least make
> sure that the state is some sort of expected shut-down state.  My first
> thought is that it could be a tad expensive, but... maybe it wouldn't be
> too bad.

Does this actually detect a problem if you take out the fix?  I think
what's going to happen is that postmaster is going to crash, then do the
recovery cycle, then stop as instructed by the test; so pg_controldata
would report that it was correctly shut down.

If we had a restart-cycle-counter to check maybe we could verify that it
hasn't changed, but I don't think we have that.

"Cada quien es cada cual y baja las escaleras como quiere" (JMSerrat)