Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed

От Alexander Lakhin
Тема Re: core dumps in auto_prewarm, tests succeed
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello Andres,

22.01.2024 23:41, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that I was getting core dumps while executing the tests, without the
> tests failing. Backtraces are vriations of this:
>
> ISTM that we shouldn't basically silently overlook shutdowns due to crashes in
> the tests. How to not do so is unfortunately not immediately obvious to me...

FWIW, I encountered this behavior as well (with pg_stat):
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/18158-88f667028dbc7e7b@postgresql.org

and proposed a way to detect such shutdowns for a discussion:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/290b9ae3-98a2-0896-a957-18d3b60b6260%40gmail.com

where Shveta referenced a previous thread started by Tom Lane:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/2366244.1651681550@sss.pgh.pa.us

What do you think about leaving postmaster.pid on disk in case of an
abnormal shutdown?

Best regards,
Alexander