Re: brininsert optimization opportunity

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: brininsert optimization opportunity
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Dec-21, James Wang wrote:

> Hi All,  not sure how to "Specify thread msgid"  - choose one which i think is close to my new feature request.

Hello James, based on the "Specify thread msgid" message it looks like
you were trying to request a feature using the Commitfest website?  That
won't work; the commitfest website is only intended as a tracker of
in-progress development work.  Without a Postgres code patch, that
website doesn't help you any.  What you have done amounts to hijacking
an unrelated mailing list thread, which is discouraged and frowned upon.

That said, sadly we don't have any official feature request system,
Please start a new thread by composing an entirely new message to
pgsql-hackers@lists.postgresql.org, and don't use the commitfest
website for it.

That said,

> query:
>
> SELECT count(1) FROM table1 t1 JOIN table2 t2 ON t1.id = t2.id WHERE t1.a_indexed_col='some_value' OR
t2.a_indexed_col='some_vable';

> can the server automatically replace the OR logic above with UNION please? i.e. replace it with:
>
> (SELECT count(1) FROM table1 t1 JOIN table2 t2 ON t1.id = t2.id WHERE t1.a_indexed_col='some_value' )
> UNION
> (SELECT count(1) FROM table1 t1 JOIN table2 t2 ON t1.id = t2.id WHERE  t2.a_indexed_col='some_vable');

I have the feeling that this has already been discussed, but I can't
find anything useful in the mailing list archives.

"Saca el libro que tu religión considere como el indicado para encontrar la
oración que traiga paz a tu alma. Luego rebootea el computador
y ve si funciona" (Carlos Duclós)