Re: Whose Cirrus CI credits are used when making a PR to the GitHub mirror?

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: Whose Cirrus CI credits are used when making a PR to the GitHub mirror?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2023-11-29 11:30:25 -0600, Tristan Partin wrote:
> I enabled CI on my personal Postgres fork. I then tried to open a PR against
> my fork, and since GitHub defaults to creating PRs against upstream, I
> accidentally opened a PR against the Postgres mirror, which the
> postgres-mirror bot then closed, which is good. Stupid me.

> What the bot didn't do however was cancel the Cirrus CI build that arose
> from my immediately closed PR. Here[0] is the current run. It seems like you
> could very easily waste all the CI credits by creating a whole bunch of PRs
> against the mirror.
>
> If I am just wasting my own credits, please ignore :).

It's currently using custom compute resources provided by google (formerly
provided by me), the same as cfbot. There is a hard limits to the number of
concurrent tasks and warnings when getting closer to those. So I am currently
not too worried about this threat.

I do wish github would allow disabling PRs...

Greetings,

Andres Freund