Re: Make psql's qeury canceling test simple by using signal() routine of IPC::Run

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Make psql's qeury canceling test simple by using signal() routine of IPC::Run
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 23:37:25 +0900
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:

> On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 08:29:25 +0900
> Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 11:22:33AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> > > Test run is ok on my Ubuntu laptop.
> >
> > I have a few comments about this patch.
> >
> > On HEAD and even after this patch, we still have the following:
> > SKIP:
                                                      {
                                                                                                            skip
"canceltest requires a Unix shell", 2 if $windows_os;

> > Could the SKIP be removed for $windows_os?  If not, this had better be
> > documented because the reason for the skip becomes incorrect.
> >
> > The comment at the top of the SKIP block still states the following:
> > # There is, as of this writing, no documented way to get the PID of
> > # the process from IPC::Run.  As a workaround, we have psql print its
> > # own PID (which is the parent of the shell launched by psql) to a
> > # file.
> >
> > This is also incorrect.
>
> Thank you for your comments
>
> I will check whether the test works in Windows and remove SKIP if possible.
> Also, I'll fix the comment in either case.

I checked if the test using IPC::Run::signal can work on Windows, and
confirmed that this didn't work because sending SIGINT caused to
terminate the test itself. Here is the results;

t/001_basic.pl ........... ok
t/010_tab_completion.pl .. skipped: readline is not supported by this build
t/020_cancel.pl .......... Terminating on signal SIGINT(2)

Therefore, this test should be skipped on Windows.

I attached the update patch. I removed the incorrect comments and
unnecessary lines. Also,  I rewrote the test to use "skip_all" instead
of SKIP because we skip the whole test rather than a part of it.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

> Regards,
> Yugo Nagata