Re: Make psql's qeury canceling test simple by using signal() routine of IPC::Run

От Yugo NAGATA
Тема Re: Make psql's qeury canceling test simple by using signal() routine of IPC::Run
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 14 Aug 2023 08:29:25 +0900
Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 13, 2023 at 11:22:33AM +0200, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> > Test run is ok on my Ubuntu laptop.
>
> I have a few comments about this patch.
>
> On HEAD and even after this patch, we still have the following:
> SKIP:
                                                    {
                                                                                                          skip "cancel
testrequires a Unix shell", 2 if $windows_os;

> Could the SKIP be removed for $windows_os?  If not, this had better be
> documented because the reason for the skip becomes incorrect.
>
> The comment at the top of the SKIP block still states the following:
> # There is, as of this writing, no documented way to get the PID of
> # the process from IPC::Run.  As a workaround, we have psql print its
> # own PID (which is the parent of the shell launched by psql) to a
> # file.
>
> This is also incorrect.

Thank you for your comments

I will check whether the test works in Windows and remove SKIP if possible.
Also, I'll fix the comment in either case.

Regards,
Yugo Nagata

--
Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp>