Re: Extracting cross-version-upgrade knowledge from buildfarm client

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Extracting cross-version-upgrade knowledge from buildfarm client
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jul-20, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2023-07-20 Th 05:52, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > On 2023-Jul-19, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> >
> > > The result you report suggest to me that somehow the old version is no
> > > longer a PostgreSQL::Version object.  Here's the patch I suggest:
> > Ahh, okay, that makes more sense; and yes, it does work.
>
> Your patch LGTM

Thanks for looking.  I pushed it to 16 and master.  I considered
applying all the way down to 9.2, but I decided it'd be pointless.
We can backpatch later if we find there's need.

Bob [Floyd] used to say that he was planning to get a Ph.D. by the "green
stamp method," namely by saving envelopes addressed to him as 'Dr. Floyd'.
After collecting 500 such letters, he mused, a university somewhere in
Arizona would probably grant him a degree.              (Don Knuth)

Сообщение: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2
Сообщение: Re: logical decoding and replication of sequences, take 2