Re: Standardize type of variable when extending Buffers

От Kyotaro Horiguchi
Тема Re: Standardize type of variable when extending Buffers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
At Fri, 7 Jul 2023 11:29:16 -0700, Gurjeet Singh <gurjeet@singh.im> wrote in
> On Fri, Jul 7, 2023 at 6:12 AM Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > This has already been discussed in [1].
> > But I thought it best to start a new thread.
> >
> > The commit 31966b1 introduced the infrastructure to extend
> > buffers.
> > But the patch mixed types with int and uint32.
> > The correct type of the variable counter is uint32.
> >
> > Fix by standardizing the int type to uint32.
> >
> > patch attached.
>
> LGTM.

LGTM, too.

I don't think it will actually come to play, since I believe we won't
be expanding a relation by 16TB all at once. Nevertheless, I believe
keeping things tidy is a good habit to stick to.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center