Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: Cleaning up nbtree after logical decoding on standby work
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Jun-07, Peter Geoghegan wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 7, 2023 at 5:12 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> > I don't really understand why the patch does s/heaprel/heapRel/.
>
> That has been the style used within nbtree for many years now.

IMO this kind of change definitely does not have place in a post-beta1
restructuring patch.  We rarely indulge in case-fixing exercises at any
other time, and I don't see any good argument why post-beta1 is a better
time for it.  I suggest that you should strive to keep the patch as
small as possible.

"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar
al alfarero y ver qué formas se pueden sacar del otro" (C. Halloway en
La Feria de las Tinieblas, R. Bradbury)