Re: could not extend file "base/5/3501" with FileFallocate(): Interrupted system call

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: could not extend file "base/5/3501" with FileFallocate(): Interrupted system call
Дата
Re: could not extend file "base/5/3501" with FileFallocate(): Interrupted system call  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2023-Apr-24, Andres Freund wrote:

> A prototype of that approach is attached. I pushed the retry handling into the
> pg_* routines where applicable.  I guess we could add pg_* routines for
> FileFallocate(), FilePrewarm() etc as well, but I didn't do that here.
>
> Christoph, could you verify this fixes your issue?

So, is anyone making progress on this?  I don't see anything in the
thread.

On adding the missing pg_* wrappers: I think if we don't (and we leave
the retry loops at the File* layer), then the risk is that some external
code would add calls to the underlying File* routines trusting them to
do the retrying, which would then become broken when we move the retry
loops to the pg_* wrappers when we add them.  That doesn't seem terribly
serious to me.

"El Maquinismo fue proscrito so pena de cosquilleo hasta la muerte"
(Ijon Tichy en Viajes, Stanislaw Lem)

Сообщение: Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction
Сообщение: Re: Order changes in PG16 since ICU introduction