Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 12, 2023 at 11:24:14AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> > ... then you could do
> >      pgindent `git dirty`
> > The only danger would be if there were no dirty files. Maybe we need a
> > switch to inhibit using the current directory if there are no command
> > line files.
>
> It seems like "indent the whole tree" is about to become a minority
> use-case.  Maybe instead of continuing to privilege that case, we
> should say that it's invoked by some new switch like --all-files,
> and without that only the stuff identified by command-line arguments
> gets processed.

It seems like if pgindent knows about git, it ought to process only
tracked files.  Then, it wouldn't need to manually exclude generated
files, and it wouldn't process vpath builds and who-knows-what else it
finds in CWD.

At least --commit doesn't seem to work when run outside of the root
source dir.

--
Justin

Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner