Re: drop postmaster symlink

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: drop postmaster symlink
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 25 Jan 2023 18:03:25 -0600
"Karl O. Pinc" <kop@k

> Buried in
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20230107165942.748ccf4e%40slate.karlpinc.com
> is the one change I see that should be made.
>
> > In doc/src/sgml/ref/allfiles.sgml at line 222 there is an ENTITY
> > defined which references the deleted postmaster.sgml file.
>
> This line needs to be removed and the
> 0002-Don-t-install-postmaster-symlink-anymore.patch
> updated.  (Unless there's some magic going on
> with the various allfiles.sgml files of which I am
> not aware.)
>
> If this is fixed I see no other problems.

Buried in the same email, and I apologize for not mentioning
this, is one other bit of documentation text that might
or might not need attention.

> I see a possible problem at line 1,412 of runtime.sgml

This says:

 in the postmaster's startup script just before invoking the postmaster.

Depending on how this is read, it could be interpreted to mean
that a "postmaster" binary is invoked.  It might be more clear
to write: ... just before invoking <command>postgres</command>.

Or it might not be worth bothering about; at this point, probably
not, but I thought you might want the heads-up anyway.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein