Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences

От Karl O. Pinc
Тема Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 18:34:47 +0100
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2023-Jan-18, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 13:30:45 +0100
> > Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> >
> > > Not related to this patch: it's very annoying that in the PDF
> > > output, each section in the appendix doesn't start on a blank
> > > page -- which means that the doc page for many modules starts in
> > > the middle of a page were the previous one ends.
> > <snip>
> > > I wonder if we can tweak something in the stylesheet to include a
> > > page break.
> >
> > Would this be something to be included in this patch?
> > (If I can figure it out.)
>
> No, I think we should do that change separately.  I just didn't think
> a parenthical complain was worth a separate thread for it; but if you
> do create a patch, please do create a new thread (unless the current
> patch in this one is committed already.)

Oops.  Already sent a revised patch that includes starting each
module on a new page, for PDF output.  I'll wait to rip that
out after review and start a new thread if necessary.

Regards,

Karl <kop@karlpinc.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein