Re: BUG #17636: terminating connection because of crash of another server process

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: BUG #17636: terminating connection because of crash of another server process
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs

hander<http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=postgresql.git;a=blob;f=src/backend/port/win32/crashdump.c;h=7550fa6f26b82d6fc41f5f68afb35ec44d25d00b;hb=HEAD>
> included in PostgreSQL. To use it: *       Create a directory named
> crashdumps (all lower case) in the PostgreSQL data directory (as shown by
> SHOW data_directory; in psql) *       Give the PostgreSQL user (postgres by
> default) "full control" of it in the security tab of the folder properties *
> Run the problem code. You don't need to restart Pg or change any settings.  *
> When a backend crashes, a Windows minidump should be created in the
> crashdumps directory.
>

> Please help us to know if there is any other step here to generate a crash
> dump as the issue is random and we are not aware of the cause that is making
> postgres.exe crash.

Unfortunately I'm not a Windows user myself, so I have no idea how to generate
a coredump on that platform.  If the instructions on the wiki don't work, and
since no one seemed to show up with an answer, maybe ask Microsoft or on a
Windows dedicated forum.