Re: Official Windows Installer and Documentation

От Julien Rouhaud
Тема Re: Official Windows Installer and Documentation
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 07:02:51PM -0700, David G. Johnston wrote:

> In the end the problem is ours and cannot be simply assigned to a
> third-party.  So let's resolve it here (on this list, whatever the
> solution) where representatives from all parties are present.

We could amend the pg_upgrade (and maybe other if needed, but I don't see any
other occurences of RUNAS) documentation to be a bit more general, like the
non-windows part of it, maybe something like

For Windows users, you must be logged into an administrative account, and then
start a shell as the user running the postgres service and set the proper path.
Assuming a user named postgres and the binaries installed in C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\14:

RUNAS /USER:postgres "CMD.EXE"
SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\14\bin;

It's ultimately up to the users to adapt the commands to match their
environment.