Re: Password reset link / 'less' does not exit in psql version 13.4

От Justin Pryzby
Тема Re: Password reset link / 'less' does not exit in psql version 13.4
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 25, 2022 at 11:02:26AM +0200, Michael J. Baars wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have two very simple questions:
>
> 1) I have an account at postgresql.org, but a link to a 'forgot password' seems to be missing on the login page. I
havemy password stored only on an old Fedora 32 computer. To change the password

> when logged in, you need to supply the old password. In short, I have no way to migrate this postgresql.org account
tomy new Fedora 35 and Fedora 36 computers. What can be done about this?

It say this:
| If you have a postgresql.org community account with a password, please use the form below to sign in. If you have one
buthave lost your password, you can use the password reset form.

(BTW, the development list isn't the right place; pgsql-www is better).

> 2) I have three psql clients running, a version 12.6, a version 13.4 and a version 14.3. Until now a 'select * from
table;'showed the output in 'less' or something alike and exited from 'less' when

> the output was complete. Both version 12.6 and version 13.4 work that way. Version 14.3 does not exit from 'less'
whenthe output is complete. Did anyone notice this already?

Is it actually running less or some other pager ?

Do you have all 3 versions of psql installed and the same (different) behavior
happening today ?  How was postgres installed ? Compiled locally or from which
packages ?  Please show pg_config for each.

Could you check how the pager is being run ?
Check the commandline in ps -fC less or similar, and the environment in
"cat /proc/PID/environ" or "ps wwe -C less"

--
Justin

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Cygwin cleanup
От: Nathan Bossart
Сообщение: out of date comment in commit_ts.c