Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-22, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> It's not very common -- we do have some target-specific variable
> assignments, but none of them use 'export'.  I saw somewhere that this
> works from Make 3.77 onwards, and we require 3.80, so it should be okay.
> The buildfarm will tell us ...

Hm, so prairiedog didn't like this:

make -C libpq all
Makefile:146: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

but I don't understand which part it is upset about.  The rules are:

check installcheck: export PATH := $(CURDIR)/test:$(PATH)

check: test-build all
   $(prove_check)

installcheck: test-build all
   $(prove_installcheck)

I think "multiple target patterns" means it doesn't like the fact that
there are two colons in the first line.  But if I use a recursive
assignment (PATH = ...), that of course doesn't work because PATH appears on
both sides of the assignment:

Makefile:146: *** Recursive variable 'PATH' references itself (eventually).  Stop.

Now, maybe that colon is not the issue and perhaps the problem can be
solved by splitting the rule:

check: export PATH := $(CURDIR)/test:$(PATH)
installcheck: export PATH := $(CURDIR)/test:$(PATH)

According to 32568.1536241083@sss.pgh.pa.us, prairiedog is on Make 3.80.
Hmmm.

Voy a acabar con todos los humanos / con los humanos yo acabaré
voy a acabar con todos (bis) / con todos los humanos acabaré ¡acabaré! (Bender)