Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: make -C libpq check fails obscurely if tap tests are disabled
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-21, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> On 2022-07-21 Th 04:53, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

> > Here's a different take.  Just assign the variable separately.
>
> Nice, I didn't know you could do that.

It's not very common -- we do have some target-specific variable
assignments, but none of them use 'export'.  I saw somewhere that this
works from Make 3.77 onwards, and we require 3.80, so it should be okay.
The buildfarm will tell us ...

"Industry suffers from the managerial dogma that for the sake of stability
and continuity, the company should be independent of the competence of
individual employees."                                      (E. Dijkstra)