Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: standby recovery fails (tablespace related) (tentative patch and discussion)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On 2022-Jul-22, Kyotaro Horiguchi wrote:

> At Thu, 21 Jul 2022 23:14:57 +1200, Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote in

> > Would it help if we back-patched the allow_in_place_tablespaces stuff?
> >  I'm not sure how hard/destabilising that would be, but I could take a
> > look tomorrow.
>
> +1. Addiotional reason for me is it is a developer option.

OK, I'll wait for allow_in_place_tablespaces to be backpatched then.

I would like to get this fix pushed before the next set of minors, so if
you won't have time for the backpatches early enough, maybe I can work
on getting it done.

Which commits would we consider?

7170f2159fb2    Allow "in place" tablespaces.
f6f0db4d6240    Fix pg_tablespace_location() with in-place tablespaces

"Most hackers will be perfectly comfortable conceptualizing users as entropy
 sources, so let's move on."                               (Nathaniel Smith)