Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v10

От Andres Freund
Тема Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v10
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-07-18 11:12:10 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> > Just a quick question - is there a reason for changing the subject of
> > the emails?
> >
> > Not all email clients handle this well, e.g. Google Mail considers
> > this being 10 separate threads. The CF application and/or
> > pgsql-hackers@ archive also don't recognise this as a continuation of
> > the original thread. So all the discussions in -v8, -v9, -v9 ets
> > threads get lost.
> >
> > May I suggest using a single thread?
>
> OK, the part about the archive is wrong - I scrolled right to the end
> of the thread, didn't notice v10 patch above and assumed it was lost.
> Sorry for the confusion. However, the part about various email clients
> is accurate.

For me the thread is too long to look through without some separation. I
wouldn't do the version in the subject for a small patchset / thread, but at
this size I think it's reasonable.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: doc: mentioned CREATE+ATTACH PARTITION as an alternative to CREATE TABLE..PARTITION OF